From simple wills to estate plans with trusts, our attorneys represent clients in all areas of estate planning and trust or probate administration. Our services include providing estate planning advice and preparing wills and trusts (both inter vivos and testamentary), as well as guidance and drafting of Medicaid qualifying special needs trusts and third party trusts, charitable giving and closely-held business succession planning.
We’re also well-versed in drafting powers of attorney, advance directives (living wills), and charitable remainder trusts, annuity trusts, and irrevocable life insurance trusts. Our attorneys serve as counsel to fiduciaries or beneficiaries in the administration of trusts, estates and guardianships. We have been instrumental in assisting our clients with several of the largest trusts in Lexington.
When necessary, we represent individuals, charities, or universities in will contests. We have been counsel to fiduciaries and to beneficiaries in a variety of trust surcharge actions and actions to modify or terminate trusts. Our experience has led to a thorough understanding of fiduciary duties and what is realistic to expect from trust administration, and suitable investments.
Our attorneys have significant experience handling trust and estate litigation, and notably, firm member Kevin G. Henry was named Lexington’s Trusts & Estates Litigation 2012 “Lawyer of the Year.” Kevin has represented the trust departments of four different banks in estate and trust litigation. He has also successfully represented trust beneficiaries in a large surcharge action for mismanagement of a trust.
- Kevin Henry completed revision of two chapters in the 2015 UK/CLE book on Kentucky Estate Administration.
- Henry and Martin, “Protecting the inheritance of your children in a second marriage,” Business Lexington (January 2013)
- Kevin Henry was a presenter at the UK Estate Planning Institute 2013 on estate litigation.
- Ten Sturgill Turner attorneys named 2016 Super Lawyers
- Sturgill Turner receives 11 Best Law Firms rankings
- Ten Sturgill Turner attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2016 Edition
- Nine Sturgill Turner attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2015 Edition
- Kentucky Super Lawyers recognizes nine Sturgill Turner attorneys
- Kevin G. Henry named Lexington’s 2012 Trusts & Estates Litigator of the Year