Tim actively represents individual clients with business and estate planning, probate, and trust and estate administration. He also represents companies in the areas of labor and employment law, construction law, and the formation and governance of businesses, including limited liability companies and corporations. He handles numerous commercial transactions for both individuals and businesses concerning the purchase and sale of business assets and real property. Tim has represented companies in many industries including construction, manufacturing, long-term health care, dairy, retail, professional services, and coal mining.
Tim was named the Best Lawyers in America 2014 Lexington Construction Litigation “Lawyer of the Year.” He is a Kentucky Super Lawyer and has been Martindale-Hubbell AV rated for more than 20 years. Tim serves as the president of the Fayette County Bar Foundation board of directors.
- Best Lawyers in America® Construction Litigation Lexington “Lawyer of the Year” (2014)
- Best Lawyers in America®: Construction Law, Construction Litigation, Employment Law – Management, Labor Law –Management, Labor & Employment Litigation, and Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Kentucky Super Lawyers®: Employment & Labor, Business/Corporate, Construction Litigation, Estate Planning & Probate
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Litigation Section
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Foundation, Past President, Board of Directors
- Newman Foundation, Inc., Board of Directors
- University of Kentucky, J.D. (1974)
- University of Kentucky, B.S. (1971)
- Successfully represented companies in union election representation cases and in unfair labor proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board;
- Defended employers in employment discrimination claims before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Kentucky Human Rights commission, and Lexington-Fayette County Human Rights Commission and litigation in federal and state courts;
- Represented companies in wage-hour investigations and proceedings before the U.S. Department of Labor and Kentucky Wage-Hour Divisions;
- Negotiated collective bargaining agreements with unions on behalf of companies and defended companies in numerous grievance/arbitration proceedings;
- Conducted internal investigations on behalf of companies involving issues of employee or management misconduct;
- Defended architects and engineers in litigation involving professional liability claims and contractors regarding defective workmanship.
If you are seeking representation, you must call our office as we do not take requests for representation via email or through our website.
Please read the following notice before sending an email to our firm:
Sending us an email will not make you a client of our firm. Until we have agreed to represent you, anything you send us will not be confidential or privileged. A conflicts-of-interest review must be completed by us before we can establish an attorney-client relationship with you.
By clicking “I Accept These Terms” below, you confirm that you have read and understood this notice.