Stephanie, the 2014 Kentucky Defense Counsel, Inc. Young Lawyer of the Year, is a litigator who defends healthcare providers against claims of negligent care, wrongful death, and violations of resident’s rights. Stephanie also serves as an Attorney Chairperson for Kentucky Medical Review Panel cases.
As a four-time Super Lawyers “Rising Star” ― an honor bestowed upon no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in the state ― Stephanie produces desirable results for her clients in all stages of litigation.
In her spare time, Stephanie participates in various local and industry organizations. She currently serves as the 2017-2018 president of the Rotaract Club in Lexington.
Stephanie and her husband, Eric Lindsey, live in Lexington. Follow her on Twitter: @SMWurdock.
- Successfully defended a local surgeon in a retained sponge case. After a two-day trial, the jury deliberated for less than 15 minutes before rendering a complete defense verdict.
- Obtained complete state court dismissal of a slip-and-fall lawsuit against a large state university.
- Awarded summary judgment in a federal medical malpractice lawsuit that had been pending for more than six years and appealed twice to the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- When she was a law clerk, Stephanie assisted Pat Moloney and Andrew DeSimone in successfully defending a local radiologist at trial. When the plaintiff appealed the verdict, Stephanie briefed the case for the Kentucky Court of Appeals and eventually the Kentucky Supreme Court. The Kentucky Court of Appeals affirmed the defense verdict and the Kentucky Supreme Court denied cert.
- Played an integral role in preparing several complex long-term care claims for mediation and/or arbitration, all of which were successfully resolved.
- Regularly attends industry meetings and seminars on subjects germane to her practice areas to stay apprised of developments in the law and forge relationships with other industry professionals.
- Kentucky Super Lawyers® Rising Star (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Kentucky Defense Counsel “Young Lawyer of the Year” Award (2014)
- DRI Young Lawyers Outstanding Committee (2017)
- DRI Young Lawyers Outstanding Committee Vice Chair (2016)
- Kentucky Journal of Equine, Agriculture, and Natural Resources Law, Articles Editor (2010-2011)
- Trial Advocacy Board, Member (2010-2011)
- James Park, Jr. Academic Scholar (2008-2011)
Medical Review Panels, CLE Presentation to the Fayette County Bar Association Health Law Section (October 2017).
Medical Review Panels, CLE Presentation to the State Government Bar Association of Kentucky (August 2017).
Legal Research Memoranda, Presentation to Jessamine County Technical Center students (April 2016).
Defending Corporate Depositions: Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 30(b)(6) Corporate Representative Depositions and the Apex Doctrine, Kentucky Defense Counsel Webinar (September 2015).
Legal Sleuthing 101: Using the Internet and Public Records to Investigate Your Case, Presentation at Greater Lexington Paralegal Association CLE – Lexington, KY (August 2015).
I Went to Med School for THIS??? How to Respond to a KBML Grievance, Presentation at Greater Lexington Paralegal Association CLE – Lexington, KY (September 17, 2013).
Oh Snap! There’s a Cap! Litigating in the Board of Claims, Presentation at Greater Lexington Paralegal Association CLE – Lexington, KY (August 21, 2012).
Legislative Update: SB4 – Medical Review Panels, M.D. Update (April 2017).
Radiology & Breast Cancer, M.D. Update (October 2016).
Defending Corporate Depositions: Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 30(b)(6) Corporate Representative Depositions and the Apex Doctrine, The DRI Deposition Manual, pp. 159-175 (2015).
When Hospice Works Too Well, M.D. Update (December 2014).
TAKING NOTICE: Defending Corporate Representative Depositions, Kentucky Defense Counsel Common Defense Magazine (Spring/Summer 2014).
How to Respond to a KBML Grievance, M.D. Update (October 2013).
How to Handle a Subpoena Duces Tecum, M.D. Update (December 2012).
Doctors, Dioceses, and Decisions: Examining the Impact of the Catholic Hospital System and Federal Conscience Clauses on Medical Education, Pitt. J. Envtl Pub. Health L. (May 2012).
DePaul v. Commonwealth: A Look at Political Contributions Associated with the Horse-Racing Industry, Ky. J. Equine, Agriculture, & Nat. Resources L., (Spring 2010, Volume 3, Number 1).
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division, 5th District Representative (2016–Present)
- Co-Chair of Membership, Young Lawyers Division (2017-Present)
- Defense Research Institute
- Co-Vice-Chair of the Public Service Subcommittee, DRI Philanthropic Committee (2017-Present)
- Co-Chair of Membership, Young Lawyers Steering Committee (2017-Present)
- Young Lawyers Steering Committee, Co-Chair of Activities (2016-2017)
- Young Lawyers Steering Committee, Co-Vice Chair of Activities (2015-2016)
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Association, Social Media Chair (2017)
- Women Lawyers Mentee (2014-Present)
- Kentucky Defense Counsel
- Young Lawyers Committee, Chairperson (2013-2015)
- Trial Tactics Committee
- Publications Committee
- Central Kentucky American Inn of Court
- Rotaract Club of Lexington
- President (2017-2018)
- Chair of Professional Development (2016 – Present)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bluegrass, Big Sister (2009 – 2015)
- Kentucky Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty, Board of Directors (2013 – Present)
- United Way of the Bluegrass, Get on Board Training Program, Advisory Committee Member (2012 – 2013)
- Music Institute of Lexington, Board of Directors (2012 – 2013)
- University of Kentucky, J.D. (2011)
- University of Kentucky, B.B.A. (2008)
If you are seeking representation, you must call our office as we do not take requests for representation via email or through our website.
Please read the following notice before sending an email to our firm:
Sending us an email will not make you a client of our firm. Until we have agreed to represent you, anything you send us will not be confidential or privileged. A conflicts-of-interest review must be completed by us before we can establish an attorney-client relationship with you.
By clicking “I Accept These Terms” below, you confirm that you have read and understood this notice.