Our health care litigation attorneys have established a reputation for successfully defending health care providers and hospitals against allegations of medical malpractice. With our decades of proven experience representing health care providers and hospitals in medical malpractice defense and liability disputes, our clients trust us to litigate their high-profile and complex cases. We work closely with management and in-house counsel to decide the best defense strategy for each case. Our approach to these cases is aggressive and thorough, often resulting in victories at the summary judgment level on unique and traditionally difficult-to-win issues of law.
Sturgill Turner’s health care team has also successfully represented physicians and surgeons of a variety of specialties. Our attorneys, trained paralegals and legal nurse consultants are well-versed in complicated medical techniques, procedures and terminology, and are proficient at communicating these complex concepts in a relatable manner to juries at trial.
- Pat Moloney and Andrew DeSimone received a defense verdict on behalf of their client in a medical malpractice trial in which the plaintiff was seeking $13 million in damages.
- Pat Moloney and Andrew DeSimone represented a general surgeon in a wrongful death lawsuit in which the plaintiff was seeking over $10 million in damages.
- Andrew DeSimone and Stephanie Wurdock successfully defended a local surgeon in a retained sponge case. After a two-day trial, the jury deliberated for less than 15 minutes before rendering a complete defense verdict.
- Pat Moloney and Andrew DeSimone were successful in having a high-profile lawsuit involving HIV dismissed prior to trial.
- Pat Moloney and Andrew DeSimone were successful in defending an interventional radiologist in a wrongful death medical malpractice trial in which the plaintiff was seeking over $7 million in damages.
- Pat Moloney and Andrew DeSimone were successful in defending a hospitalist in a wrongful death medical malpractice trial in which the plaintiff was seeking more than $1.3 million in damages.
- Pat Moloney and Andrew DeSimone successfully defended a hospital in an administrative hearing on a claim medical malpractice claim of wrongful death.
DeSimone and Dittert, Eighth Amendment Claims, M.D. Update (December 2016)
Wurdock, Radiology & Breast Cancer, M.D. Update (October 2016)
DeSimone, Medical Expenses & the Collateral Source Rule, DRI Trial & Tribulations (Volume 22 Issue 3)
DeSimone and Dittert, Defending Eighth Amendment Claims Against Medical Providers, DRI’s In-House Quarterly (Summer 2016)
Stephan, Liability for Prescription Drug Interactions, M.D. Update (April 2016)
DeSimone, FRE 609: A Very Powerful Tool, Trials & Tribulations, the Newsletter of the DRI Trial Tactics Committee (December 2015)
DeSimone, Kentucky’s Informed Consent Law, M.D. Update (October 2015)
Dittert, Ex Parte Communications: What Medical Providers Should Know About Caldwell v. Chauvin, M.D. Update September 2015)
Moloney, Help Me Help You: 15 Ways to Play an Active Role in Your Legal Defense, M.D. Update (May 2015)
Stephan and Moloney, Mediation for Resolving Disputes in the Healthcare Setting, M.D. Update (February 2014)
Wurdock, Taking Notice. Defending Corporate Depositions, Common Defense, a publication of the Kentucky Defense Counsel (Spring/Summer 2014)
DeSimone, Deciphering Attorney-Client and Work Product Privileges, Common Defense, a publication of the Kentucky Defense Counsel (Fall/Winter 2013)
Wurdock, Responding to a KBML Grievance, M.D. Update (October 2013)
Dittert and Wurdock, How to Handle a Subpoena Duces Tecum, M.D. Update (December 2012)
DeSimone, Kentucky’s Amended Pill Mill Law, M.D. Update (July 2013)
DeSimone, Kentucky’s New Pill Mill Law, M.D. Update, the Business Magazine of Kentucky Physicians and Healthcare Professionals (September 2012)
Dittert, Cybersecurity: What Business Leaders Need to Know, presented on the topic of HIPAA and other healthcare regulations on a webinar co-hosted with Integrity IT (August 2016)
Wurdock, Legal Research Memoranda, Presentation to Jessamine County Technical Center students (April 2016).
DeSimone, Voir Dire and Advanced Jury Selection Strategies, presentation for the National Business Institute’s Advanced Issues in Personal Injury Litigation CLE (March 2016)
Wurdock, Defending Corporate Depositions: Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 30(b)(6) Corporate Representative Depositions and the Apex Doctrine, Kentucky Defense Counsel Webinar (September 2015).
Wurdock, Legal Sleuthing 101: Using the Internet and Public Records to Investigate Your Case, Presentation at Greater Lexington Paralegal Association CLE – Lexington, KY (August 2015).
Wurdock, I Went to Med School for THIS??? How to Respond to a KBML Grievance, Presentation at Greater Lexington Paralegal Association CLE – Lexington, KY (September 17, 2013).
Wurdock, Oh Snap! There’s a Cap! Litigating in the Board of Claims, Presentation at Greater Lexington Paralegal Association CLE – Lexington, KY (August 21, 2012).
- Twelve Sturgill Turner attorneys recognized by Super Lawyers
- Sturgill Turner receives 15 Best Law Firms rankings
- Pat Moloney named Lexington’s 2016 Personal Injury Defense Lawyer of the Year
- Eleven Sturgill Turner attorneys selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America
- Donald P. Moloney named Lexington’s 2015 “Lawyer of the Year” in Medical Malpractice Law