Langdon’s experience in civil litigation has taken her to over 60 Kentucky counties where she has defended a litany of cases, ranging from motor vehicle accidents and premises liability matters to commercial trucking, products liability, employment, and blasting cases. She has attended trial, taken extensive discovery and evidentiary depositions, and handled numerous mediations. Her practice has taken her to the appellate level where she has filed successful briefs before both the Kentucky Court of Appeals and Supreme Court of Kentucky. Most importantly, Langdon’s litigation experience has taken her to courtrooms across the Commonwealth where she has successfully handled dispositive issues, discovery matters, summary judgment, and evidentiary disputes before our Kentucky judges and attorneys.
- Kentucky Super Lawyers® “Rising Star” (2018)
- University of Kentucky College of Law Trial Advocacy Board
- National Tournament of Champions Trial Advocate; Excellent Advocate Award
- Judge Joe Lee Scholarship Recipient
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES
- Central Kentucky American Inn of Court, Barrister
- Bluegrass Claims Association
- Kentucky Defense Counsel; Young Lawyers Section; CLE Committee
- Women’s Law Association; Executive Board, Treasurer
- Defense Research Institute
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Lexington Cancer Foundation; Pegasus Board
- Rotaract Club of Lexington, Executive Board
- Ronald McDonald House Charities; Fund Development Committee
- Get on Board (2017)
- The Deliberative Process Privilege and its Impact on Discovery, DRI Trial Tactics Publication (December 2017)
- Transylvania University, B.A. (2007)
- University of Kentucky, J.D. (2010)
- Successfully defended an asphalt company in a premises liability suit at the appellate level. Despite drastic changes to Kentucky’s open and obvious doctrine orchestrated by McIntosh and its progeny during the pendency of the appeal, summary judgment granted by the trial court was upheld. Plaintiff’s Motion for Discretionary Review denied by the Kentucky Supreme Court.
- Represented defendant driver at trial in a personal injury suit involving a rear-end collision. Despite clear liability and expert testimony on behalf of the plaintiff regarding future medical expenses and pain and suffering, plaintiff obtained judgment of less than $2,000 after offset.
- Drafted and filed defense appellate briefs to both Kentucky Court of Appeals and Supreme Court of Kentucky regarding plaintiff’s lack of standing to assert a loss of business income claim and the appropriateness of a discovery sanction imposed on plaintiff by the circuit court. Defense prevailed at the Supreme Court level.
- Defended an international franchisor in a vehicle v. pedestrian fatality. Obtained summary judgment based on lack of vicarious liability.
- Taken videotaped evidentiary direct and cross examinations of orthopedic surgeons, chiropractors, vocational experts, pain specialists, and family care practitioners to be played at trial.
If you are seeking representation, you must call our office as we do not take requests for representation via email or through our website.
Please read the following notice before sending an email to our firm:
Sending us an email will not make you a client of our firm. Until we have agreed to represent you, anything you send us will not be confidential or privileged. A conflicts-of-interest review must be completed by us before we can establish an attorney-client relationship with you.
By clicking “I Accept These Terms” below, you confirm that you have read and understood this notice.