Kevin, the two-time Lexington Workers’ Compensation Lawyer of the Year, practices extensively in the area of workers’ compensation defense, representing insureds of workers’ compensation carriers and self-insured employers. He is also an experienced civil litigator in the areas of premises liability, insurance defense, contract disputes and estate contests, having successfully tried numerous jury and bench trials across the state of Kentucky. His litigation experience includes appellate cases before the Kentucky Court of Appeals and the Kentucky Supreme Court. His experience in workers’ compensation defense includes liability assessments, defense of injury and death claims, settlement negotiations/mediations, medical fee disputes, defense and initiation of re-openings, and workers’ compensation subrogation claims.
- Best Lawyers in America® Workers’ Compensation Law Defense Lexington Lawyer of the Year (2014 & 2017)
- Best Lawyers in America®: Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
- Kentucky Super Lawyers®: Workers’ Compensation Defense (2012-Present), Civil Litigation Defense (2007)
- Kentucky Super Lawyers®: Corporate Counsel Edition, Civil Litigation Defense (2008)
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Litigation Counsel of America, Senior Fellow
- Leadership Kentucky (2014)
- Bluegrass Community Connector (2011)
- Kentucky Bar Association, Outstanding Young Lawyer Award (2006)
- Fayette County Bar Association, Outstanding Citizen-Lawyer Award (2006)
- Rotary Club of Lexington’s Service Above Self Award (2012)
- Rotary Club of Lexington’s Action Rotarian Award (2006)
- Leadership Lexington (2006)
- Downtown Lexington Corporation’s Smiley Pete Award (1999)
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES
- Fayette County Bar Association, Civil Litigation, Labor/Employment, Torts and Workers’ Compensation Sections
- Kentucky Bar Association, Civil Litigation and Workers’ Compensation Sections
- American Bar Association, Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice Section; Government and Public Sector Lawyer Division
- Defense Research Institute, Employment Law, Governmental Liability, Trial Tactics and Workers’ Compensation Committees
- Kentucky Defense Counsel, Inc.
- University of Kentucky College of Law Visiting Committee (2014-Present)
- Kentucky Public Employees’ Deferred Compensation Authority Board of Trustees (2015-Present)
- Downtown Lexington Corporation, Board of Directors (2000-2017), Executive Committee (2004-2016), President (2011), Vice-President (2004-2009, 2013-2016)
- Rotary Club of Lexington, Inc., Board of Directors (2008-2014), President (2012-2013), Endowment Board of Directors (2015-Present)
- Lexington Public Library Board of Trustees, (2009-2013), Secretary (2010-2013)
- Calvary Baptist Church, Deacon (2017-Present), Finance Committee Chair (2016-2017) and Personnel
- Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government Special Events Commission, Commissioner (2008-2013)
- Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government Picnic with the Pops Commission, Commissioner (2007-
- Lexington Fourth of July Festival Committee, Chair (2007-2012)
- Toyota Bluegrass Miracle League, Founder (2004), President (2005-2007), Board of Directors (2005-
- University of Kentucky Fellow
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lafferty Society
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Bob Lawson Society
- University of Kentucky, J.D. (1994)
- University of Kentucky, B.A. (1991)
- TTD Benefits Post-Tipton
- Representation of workers’ compensation carriers insureds and self-insured employers before Administrative
Law Judges, the Workers’ Compensation Board, Kentucky Court of Appeals and Kentucky Supreme Court
- Successful representation of workers’ compensation carriers and self-insured employers in workers’
compensation subrogation lawsuits in jurisdictions across Kentucky.
- Frequent presenter at Kentucky Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Section meetings.
If you are seeking representation, you must call our office as we do not take requests for representation via email or through our website.
Please read the following notice before sending an email to our firm:
Sending us an email will not make you a client of our firm. Until we have agreed to represent you, anything you send us will not be confidential or privileged. A conflicts-of-interest review must be completed by us before we can establish an attorney-client relationship with you.
By clicking “I Accept These Terms” below, you confirm that you have read and understood this notice.