Our education law team of school attorneys advise public and private schools across Kentucky on compliance with a variety of federal and state laws , including Open Meetings and Open Records, Model Procurement Code issues, Title IX, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Utilizing our team’s depth of employment law experience, we’re poised to help schools manage personnel matters, such as teacher/faculty tenure, performance, discipline and dismissal, and whistleblower/retaliation cases.
Our education law attorneys are also well-versed on student matters, including student discipline, student health issues, and compliance with statutes such as the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) and HIPAA.
We can counsel schools on litigation prevention practices and perform audits to uncover potential issues. Our education law attorneys are also prepared to assist school districts and school boards by acting as special investigators when circumstances require that an investigation of student or employee misconduct at any level be handled by an outside party.
- 2018 Best Lawyers in America
- Sturgill Turner attorneys honored as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Twelve Sturgill Turner attorneys recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers
- Sturgill Turner receives 15 Best Law Firms rankings
- Eleven Sturgill Turner attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in America
- Twelve Sturgill Turner attorneys recognized by Super Lawyers