Sturgill Turner’s employment law attorneys have successfully represented and counseled some of the largest employers in the region, including businesses, corporations, school boards, colleges and universities, state agencies, cities, counties and other public entities, in all facets of management-side employment law. Our approach is two-pronged: protect and prevent.
Our vast trial experience provides us with the expertise to protect employers in litigation. We’ve defended employers in court against allegations of retaliation, discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, among other claims.
We also counsel clients with day-to-day and long-term advice aimed to prevent problems before they happen. Our attorneys provide customized advice on matters such as hiring and termination practices, employee disciplinary actions, wage and hour issues, sexual harassment training, and discrimination prevention training. We’re available to draft employment contracts, personnel policies and non-compete and confidentiality agreements.
Our attorneys are also prepared to assist employers by acting as special investigators when circumstances require that an investigation of student or employee misconduct at any level be handled by an outside party.
Sturgill Turner is the only Kentucky law firm chosen to be a member of the Employment Law Alliance, an association that provides us with access to over 3,000 employment and labor lawyers in all 50 states and more than 135 countries.
- Language, jokes and teasing the most common workplace harassment, survey says
- When Love isn’t in the Air – Dealing with Unwanted Cupids in the Workplace
- Employers: #MeToo Won’t Exclude You
- Sovereign Immunity & Public University Employment Contracts
- 2018 Best Lawyers in America
- Sturgill Turner attorneys honored as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Twelve Sturgill Turner attorneys recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers
- Sturgill Turner receives 15 Best Law Firms rankings
- Overtime Rule Struck Down
- Former Employees: Common Problems When They Are Witnesses
- New DOL Overtime Rules on Hold
- Where Do We Go from Here? Bathrooms and Other Legal Developments in Transgender Issues
- DOL releases its final, major rule changes to salary level for FLSA exempt employees
- Navigating Kentucky Law on Regulating Firearms in the Workplace
- Steve Barker named Lexington’s 2016 Employment Lawyer of the Year
- Eleven Sturgill Turner attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in America
- Nine Sturgill Turner attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2015 Edition
- Stephen L. Barker named Best Lawyers’ 2014 Lexington Litigation – Labor & Employment “Lawyer of the Year”
- Stephen L. Barker named the Best Lawyers’ 2013 Lexington Employment Law – Individuals “Lawyer of the Year”
- Stephen L. Barker awarded Fayette County Bar Association’s highest honor
- Stephen L. Barker named the Best Lawyers’ 2011 Lexington Employment Law – Individuals “Lawyer of the Year”