The Sturgill Turner Mediation Center features three certified mediators with decades of collective experience in helping parties resolve disputes through mediation—a form of alternative dispute resolution that facilitates the voluntary settlement of legal differences that is more expeditious, confidential and amicable than traditional litigation. Our mediators offer perceptive listening and restatement skills, human dynamics expertise, engaging negotiation techniques, and trust and credibility that come with the experience of handling hundreds of jury trials and mediations.
Sturgill Turner’s mediators frequently mediate cases involving: business disputes, construction disputes, domestic relations disputes, employment law claims, insurance disputes, legal negligence, medical negligence, nursing home disputes, personal injury, product liability and real estate disputes.
Our office in downtown Lexington features private conference facilities with state-of-the-art amenities. Videoconferencing technology allows parties who may be unable to travel to Lexington participate in the mediation. Having tried cases in nearly every Kentucky county, our mediators are also available to travel to assist in the resolution of your legal dispute.
Steve Barker mediates disputes in numerous areas of the law, including but not limited to, employment, business, personal injury, and domestic relations. With over four decades of litigation experience, Steve is a four-time Best Lawyers in America® Employment Law Lexington “Lawyer of the Year.” Steve attended Advanced Attorney-Mediator Training through the Association of Attorney Mediators in 2013, 2015 and 2017, and has been inducted into the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals.
Hank Jones mediates cases involving tort claims, soft tissue injuries, motor vehicle injuries, and slip and fall accidents. A litigator for 45 years, his practice focuses on insurance defense, bad-faith, and personal injury claims. Hank was named the 2014 Lexington Insurance Law Lawyer of the Year, and has been inducted into the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals. He attended Advanced Attorney-Mediator Training through the Association of Attorney Mediators in 2017 and has given numerous national presentations on mediation and alternative dispute resolution for the Defense Research Institute and the Association of Attorney Mediators.
Pat Moloney mediates cases involving contract and business disputes, personal injury, complex torts, medical malpractice, and nursing home claims. With 45 years of trial experience, he focuses on medical malpractice defense and long-term care litigation. Best Lawyers in America® has twice-bestowed the Lexington “Lawyer of the Year” designation upon Pat in the areas of Medical Malpractice Defense (2015) and Personal Injury Litigation (2016). Pat attended Advanced Attorney-Mediator Training through the Association of Attorney Mediators in 2013, 2015 and 2017, and has been inducted into the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals.
To schedule a mediation, please contact Tanya Mirilovich at 859.255.8581 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Barker & Jones admitted to the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Jones, Mediation: Nuts & Bolts, Kentucky Bar Association New Lawyer Program (2017, 2018)
- Barker, “Alternative Dispute Resolution in Employment Law Matters,” University of Kentucky 14th Biannual Employment Law Institute (2014)
- Barker, “Mediation of Workplace Disputes: An Effective Approach for Kentucky Municipalities,” 2014 Kentucky Municipal Clerks Institute
- Stephan and Moloney, “Mediation for Resolving Disputes in the Healthcare Setting,” M.D. Update, The Business Magazine of Kentucky Physicians and Healthcare Administrators (February 2014)
- Jones, “The Upcoming Role of Mediation in Kentucky,” Kentucky Bar Association’s Kentucky Law Update CLE (2014)
- Jones, “Effective (and Ineffective) Mediation Strategy and Presentation from a Mediator’s Perspective,” Kentucky Bar Association’s Kentucky Law Update CLE (2013)
- Steve Barker participated in a panel discussion at the Kentucky Bar Association’s 2014 Kentucky Law Update CLE in Lexington on “Mediating Employment Law Disputes.”
- Steve Barker participated in a panel discussion at the Kentucky Bar Association’s 2013 Kentucky Law Update CLE in Lexington on “Effective (and Ineffective) Mediation Strategy and Presentation from a Mediator’s Perspective.”