Sturgill, Turner, Barker & Moloney, PLLC is pleased to announce that three of our attorneys have been named 2019 Lexington Lawyer of the Year in their areas of practice by The Best Lawyers in America®. Kevin G. Henry has been named Lexington Lawyer of the Year in the area of Labor & Employment Litigation; Kevin W. Weaver has been named Lexington Lawyer of the Year in the area of Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers; and Timothy C. Wills has been named Lexington Lawyer of the Year in the area of Construction Law.
Additionally, 11 of our attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2019 Best Lawyers in America list. Our Best Lawyers and the areas of practice for which they have been recognized for are:
- Stephen L. Barker: Employment Law – Management; Labor & Employment Litigation; Mediation
(*Lexington Employment Lawyer of the Year: 2011, 2013, 2014 & 2016)
- Charles D. Cole: Municipal Law
- Andrew DeSimone: Health Care Litigation
- Kevin G. Henry: Banking and Finance Litigation; Bankruptcy Litigation; Labor & Employment Litigation; Trusts and Estates Litigation
(*Lexington Bankruptcy Litigation Lawyer of the Year: 2016; Lexington Banking & Finance Litigation Lawyer of the Year: 2013; Lexington Trusts & Estates Litigation Lawyer of the Year: 2012; Lexington Labor & Employment Litigation: 2019)
- Ernest H. “Hank” Jones, II: Insurance Law
(*Lexington Insurance Law Lawyer of the Year: 2014)
- Stan Lee: Insurance Law Litigation
- Donald P. “Pat: Moloney, II: Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
(*Lexington Medical Malpractice Defense Lawyer of the Year: 2015; Lexington Personal Injury Litigation Defense Lawyer of the Year: 2016)
- Phillip M. Moloney: Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
(*Lexington Personal Injury Litigation – Defense Lawyer of the Year: 2018)
- Doug Stephan: Health Care Law; Insurance Law
(*Lexington Insurance Law Lawyer of the Year: 2017)
- Kevin W. Weaver: Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
(*Lexington Workers’ Compensation Law Lawyer of the Year – Employers: 2014 & 2017)
- Timothy C. Wills: Construction Law; Construction Litigation; Employment Law – Management; Labor Law – Management; Labor & Employment Litigation; Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants
(*Lexington Construction Law Lawyer of the Year: 2014 & 2019)
About The Best Lawyers in America®
Since its inception in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 41,000 leading attorneys cast almost 3.9 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor.
Only one lawyer in each practice from each community can be honored as the “Lawyer of the Year.” Best Lawyers compiles its lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area. The lawyers being honored as “Lawyers of the Year” were selected because they received particularly high ratings from their peers.
About Sturgill, Turner, Barker & Moloney, PLLC
For 60 years, Sturgill Turner has been serving businesses, public entities and individuals in Lexington, across the Commonwealth, and beyond. Our attorneys focus on business law, education law, employment law, health care law, insurance law, municipal and governmental law, utilities, trusts and estates, and alternative dispute resolution. For more information about the firm, please visit www.sturgillturner.com.