Bryan has more than 15 years of litigation experience in the areas of constitutional law and civil rights, education law, employment law, government and municipal defense, and insurance law. His unique understanding of the First Amendment and its application to cities, higher education institutions and K-12 schools is the hallmark of his practice. Bryan has litigated numerous cases involving the Establishment Clause and religious displays on government property. In his work with religious schools, Bryan applies a thorough understanding of the constitutional limitations placed upon government intrusion and works closely with schools to protect their religious liberty appropriately.
- Kentucky Super Lawyers®: Employment & Labor, Nonprofit Organizations, Schools & Education
- Sixth Circuit Judicial Conference, Life Member
- Alliance Defending Freedom, Senior Counsel (2010-2012)
- American Jurisprudence Award—Trust and Estates (1996)
- University of Kentucky College of Law Moot Court Board, National Telecommunications Moot Court Competition National Semifinalist (1997)
- University of Kentucky College of Law W. L. Matthews Fellow
The Rights of Religious Employees (and Employers), University of Kentucky Employment Law Biennial Institute (2016)
Representing Non-Profit Organizations: Special Issues for Religious Organizations, Indiana CLE Forum (2016)
How will the recent changes to the FLSA affect Businesses, Schools & Non-Profits, presentation for the Paris-Bourbon County Chamber of Commerce Lunch & Learn Series (2016)
Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Religious Liberty Issues in the Workplace, Kentucky Bar Association Diversity & Inclusion Convention (2016)
Workplace Wellness, presentation for the Paris-Bourbon County Chamber of Commerce Lunch & Learn Series (2016)
Guns in the Workplace, presentation for the Paris-Bourbon County Chamber of Commerce Lunch & Learn Series (2016)
You Don’t Have to Go Home but You Can’t Stay Here, presentation for the University of Kentucky on the Americans with Disabilities Act (2016)
Protecting the Family Farm through Business Organization and Estate Planning, presentation for the Bourbon County Farm Bureau Young Farmers Association (2016)
Addressing Complaints, presentation at the Education Law Association Conference (2015)
How to Handle Crisis Communications, presentation at the UK CLE Education Law Conference (2015)
Commandments, Crosses and Creches – Oh My!: The Yellow Brick Road to First Amendment Compliance for
Governmental Officials, CLE presentation at the Kentucky League of Cities Conference (2014)
Reining in Mayberry’s Red-Light District (a discussion of regulation of sexually oriented businesses through planning, zoning and licensure controls of local governments), For The Defense (June 2007)
- Federal Bar Association, Kentucky Chapter President (2007-2008)
- Kentucky Bar Association, Young Lawyer Section Executive Committee State at-Large Representative (2007-2008)
- Bourbon County Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Bourbon County Boys’ Fund, Commissioner
- Bourbon County Alumni Association
- University of Kentucky, J.D. (1997)
- University of Kentucky, B.A. (1994)
If you are seeking representation, you must call our office as we do not take requests for representation via email or through our website.
Please read the following notice before sending an email to our firm:
Sending us an email will not make you a client of our firm. Until we have agreed to represent you, anything you send us will not be confidential or privileged. A conflicts-of-interest review must be completed by us before we can establish an attorney-client relationship with you.
By clicking “I Accept These Terms” below, you confirm that you have read and understood this notice.