Ernest H. Jones II
Hank’s primary area of practice, since admission to the Bar in May of 1974, has been insurance defense litigation. He has represented several major insurance companies and third party administrators in all aspects of insurance litigation, including motor vehicle accidents, premises liability (slip and fall cases and swimming pool accidents), catastrophic injury claims (brain and spinal cord injuries), products liability cases, special investigation unit claims (arson and fraud), coverage analysis, and extra-contractual liability (statutory and common law bad faith claims). He has represented insurers and insured in over 90 of Kentucky’s 120 counties and tried cases in over 60 of Kentucky’s counties.
Additionally, Hank has been certified by the Kentucky Administrative Office of the Courts as a mediator and has mediated cases in the above areas of practice since 1999.
He is a frequent lecturer for CLE programs sponsored by the Kentucky Bar Association, the Kentucky Defense Counsel and the National Business Institute, on topics such as insurance coverage, declaratory judgment actions, voir dire strategy and trial tactics.
- Best Lawyers in America, Lexington Insurance Law “Lawyer of the Year” (2014)
- Best Lawyers in America, Insurance Law (2013-Present)
- Kentucky Super Lawyers (2009-Present), Civil Litigation Defense, Insurance Coverage, Personal Injury Defense: General
- Mediation Center of Kentucky, Certified mediator
- CLE presenter for the Kentucky Bar Association, Fayette County Bar Association, Kentucky Defense Counsel and the National Business Institute
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Fayette County Bar Association, Sergeant-At-Arms, Board of Governors (1975-1976)
- Kentucky and American Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice and Labor Relations Law Sections
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Kentucky Defense Counsel, Board of Directors (1984-1989, 1992-1999), President (1988-1989, 1997-1998)
- Defense Research Institute
University of Kentucky, B.S. (1970)
University of Kentucky, J. D. (1973)
U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky
U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court